Ames City Hall 1915 Time Capsule

When the municipal building was constructed in 1915, a time capsule was prepared and placed.  In 1996 when the city offices moved to the present location in the old High School, the structure was remodelled to accomodate Youth and Shelter Services.  At that time the capsule was retrieved.  Although some of the materials had sustained moisture damage, the contents of the time capsule have been archived at Ames Historical Society headquarters and can be viewed by the public.

Partial Contents: