ca. 1915 (Farwell T. Brown Photographic Archive)
The Fort Dodge, Des Moines and Southern interurban depot was new when this photo was taken. Both passenger and freight traffic were handled here.
In 1937, the depot had to be relocated a short distance west from its original location next to Grand Avenue to make way for the new Chicago and Northwestern underpass. Here the moving contractor J. F. Heabel & Co. of Cedar Rapids is preparing the brick structure for its move. It remained a freight depot until 1965 when the Interurban property was sold to the King's Host Restaurant and the Greyhound Bus Company. The King's Food Host building was later remodeled to become the ISU Credit Union on this location. (Private Collection of Margaret Elbert)