This 1920 photo shows the Sanitary Building (at this time known as Music Hall) looking north from the southeast end of Lake LaVerne, a few steps away from Lincoln Way. (Farwell T. Brown Photographic Archive)
click image for a larger wider view
This was the Sanitary Building on the Iowa State College campus. It faced North on a rise about where the northwest corner of the Memorial Union later would stand. Originally built as a college hospital facility in 1884-1885 (remodeled in 1900), it held hospital rooms on the second floor. The first floor housed offices for the Veterinary College. In 1907, the hospital facilities were moved to the Boarding Cottage-West. In 1912, when South Hall burned, this building was converted into quarters for the Music Department and was known as Music Hall until it was torn down in 1927 for the construction of the Memorial Union. (University Archives, Iowa State Universtiy)
This 1913 view of the ISC campus looks northwest from a viewpoint above the Veterinary Hospital which was known at this time as the Carpenter Shop. The Sanitary Building is in the right foreground.
This is another view of the former Sanitary Building, which became known as Music Hall. (Farwell T. Brown Photographic Archive)